Friday, November 03, 2006

Netflix tells me nicely its not their problem


So I signed up for Netflix 2 weeks ago. I was game for some DVD rental action again, and Netflix seemed like a good choice after hearing positive reviews from others I know. To this date, I've received ZERO DVDs. I've reported 6 missing DVDs however, 3 of which made it back to Netflix without me ever receiving them in the first place. They would send me emails telling me I should expect new DVDs in my mailbox only to wait 7 days and see nothing. After numerous back and forth emails between Netflix and I, they finally suggested I call them to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, I had also contacted the post office to report the issue. A nice woman called me back and told me that unless I find out from Netflix why the DVDs are getting returned, she couldn't really do much for me. I asked her if there was any further investigation she could do, and she told me, "Not really. You need to ask Netflix what's being stamped on the envelopes when they're returned to sender."

So I get Netflix on the phone, and they apologize profusely, offer me an extension on my free trial, and that's it. The Netflix agent says they can't really know where the break in the system is since everything they do is automated. They couldn't physically pull the returned envelope to see why it was returned. So I asked them what I should do, and the agent told me maybe I should call the post office. I told him that I was told to call Netflix. Catch-22 mofos! So after having this circular argument go back and forth for a good 5 minutes, the agent asks me, "what do you want me to do sir?!" I replied I'd like to have my issue escalated to someone that could investigate why this was happening, to which I was told, "Sorry, we can't do that. We can only investigate if there's a delay, not if there's a lost issue or a 'looping' issue." Both which I was subjected to. Their solution? Have it sent somewhere else. Great, so basically no solution at all. Thanks a lot Netflix, you might be losing a customer you could've had and probably never will.

No comments: